I know I know, I haven't posted anything in forever. I am sorry about this. Perhaps in subsequent blogs I can even post why this was, but that will have to wait until later. I am very sorry about the silence, but I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you'll forgive me. Why am I so confident in this? Because this blog is about our new puppy, and there are pictures, and everyone loves puppies and pictures of puppies. So I'll give you a second to say "apology accepted" and we can move on with this blog.
Macy came into our lives for good on Saturday morning. There has been amazing progress since then. I want to say Saturday night was one of the worst nights of sleep I have ever gotten. Macy did not like her crate, and we as puppy parents were way too easy on her. She basically woke up whining every hour the whole night, which we thought meant she had to go to the bathroom. So each time, we patiently took her outside and brought her back to sleep... for another hour. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Sunday we had 12 people over at the house for some BBQ and puppy play time. It was great to see a bunch of family, and even nicer to have other people volunteering to use up some of that puppy energy. Sunday night we relaxed a bit and watched some "Dogs 101" on animal planet. It was our first family tv experience!
I caught Macy and Angela watching TV together
Monday, mommy stayed home from work to spend the day with Macy and to take her to the vet for her "well-puppy exam". I'm sure Macy loved that day with Angela, and she will love it even more when Angela is off for the summer in just a few short weeks.
Tuesday was Macy's first day all alone all day, but she did surprisingly well. We set up a big hexagonal pen for her in the kitchen, and she had a few toys, a puppy pad, and a fan blowing on her. Those will be her daytimes for the next few weeks until summer, so we'll be doing an extra good job of playing with her (and trying to tire her out) when we get home from work.
Look at those floppy ears!
Last night was great compared to any of the other nights we've had her. We decided through some experience with her, that she could probably hold her bladder longer than we were giving her credit for. So last night we attempted getting up just once each in the night, and it worked perfectly! I feel so much better this morning compared to Monday morning, and I am very thankful for that. I hope you are too since that extra energy is what gave me the drive to write this blog! ...and a few text messages from people complaining that it had been to long since I posted pictures.
Her favorite place to sleep, the tile on the bathroom floor
2 comments :
Oh my GOSH! I don't think I've ever posted on your blog before (it's Kaylee (DeGraff) Hanson - and I was going to say that I'm your second cousin, but I don't even know what I am to you...ha!), but have been reading along for awhile! She is adorable!!!
You're a good little photographer, Mr. Mattix! Doesn't hurt that you have two beautiful subjects :)
Post a Comment