Sunday, October 16, 2011

Everyday Life

Well, first things first: I'm glad this blog doesn't automatically close itself out due to lack of use. It has been a LONG time since either Angela or I have posted anything, and I wish it was because we had so many crazy amazing things going on that we just simply didn't have time to sit down and blog. Unfortunately, we are just being busy with everyday life. The biggest change over the past 6 months has obviously been the additional family member at 3115 Yupon, Macy Lou.


How could I ever be expected to blog with this beauty taking up all of my time?

On top of having all the new puppy responsibilities, the last 6 months have rivaled my time living in Dallas for most weekends spent away from home. I think we spent the entire summer either at the beach or my parents' lake house (boo hoo right?), which just plain took up all of our weekend free time. It has been a tough lesson to learn that I will no longer have free time during the week, at least not for the next 25 years probably. Yikes.

Angela started work this year at a new school, teaching three preps with almost three times as many kids as last year, so that has been a huge change for us. As she gets adapted to the new time requirements, we have had to adjust to new home responsibilities and time commitments. The last few weeks we have settled into a much more manageable weekend routine and I hope that continues going forward. Obviously with the holidays coming up we will have some more travel on the horizon, but I am hoping that our baseline weekends will be a little bit more relaxing. I think that will mean I can actually sit down a blog a bit more frequently too! Over the next few months we get to go up to Columbus to visit Eileen and go to the TOSU vs. Whisky football game, and then there is the big Christmas trip to Disney World and a Cruise with my mom's family. I am looking forward to both of those trips and I hope that Angela and I will break the mold, take some pictures, and actually document these trips, which we've done such a poor job of so far this year. I have always had a passion for photography and I have really let that slide over the summer. Hopefully with the weather turning and fun fall activities ahead, I can spark the old habits again and capture some great memories.

Stay tuned for some more posts in the next few weeks!

0 comments :

Post a Comment