Angela and I spent today in Austin taking engagement pictures! Our wonderful photographers, Kristin and Giselle, turned the two of us into some pretty photogenic people! We started off at a nice spot called Laguna Gloria, which lies on Lake Austin just west of mopac on 35th street. When we started the photo shoot, I have to admit it was a little awkward. We were walking down a path with both photographers snapping behind us. They told us just to talk about something to relieve some tension, so naturally we discussed Colt's Heisman hopes. After we got the hang of it, we were posing and walking and smiling and being pensive all over the place. That shoot was a great start to the day. After that, we came back to campus to change at our hotel (the wonderful AT&T conference center across from A-Phi). We threw on some UT attire for our pictures in the six-pack/tower area. This was a great shoot, but BY FAR the most awkward. I'm sure the pictures will turn out fantastic, but spinning each other around on the south mall with finals-takers walking around and watching us made me feel a little bit self-conscious. We came back and changed one last time into outfit #3 for what was probably my favorite shoot. We drove down to 6th street and got some great pictures as the sun was setting and Austin's famed street started to liven up. All-in-all, Kristin and Giselle had amazing vision and creativity and we are so excited to see the end results (sadly we have to wait up to two weeks, but it is well worth it).
One would think that spending a day under the microscope of a camera lens while changing clothes and moving around would be rather stressful. However, Angela proved to me once again that she is definitely the one I was made for. At no point during the entire day did either of us become irritated, fed up, or overwhelmed, and I couldn't be more thankful for that. Today was just another wonderful example of a day that creates in me this amazing yearning to be married to her. We had a great spark today, and I'm sure that love will show through in our pictures. I can't wait for everyone to see the wonderful memories from today that I am struggling to put in words!
Tommy
12/13/09 2:00am
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
0 comments :
Post a Comment