Originally this blog was titled, "My first week as a wife," but after sitting in the edit posts section of blogger, I decided to change the title and add some more! I'll start off with what I previously had written so my thoughts don't end up in the trash, so don't judge with the lack of fluidity. :)
Ok, so my first week was pure bliss. Hawaii, white beaches, romantic dinners, I mean come on. But since that wonderful week a lot of other things have gone on too...as they say, back to the real world. If this is the real world I can handle this for the next 60+ years. Granted in 3 weeks (now just 4 days!!) it'll reallllly be back to the real world for me, but I can handle being a "stay at home wife" for the next few weeks.
20 things I've done since I got married:
1. Made a loaf of homemade french bread using my new Cuisinart Bread Maker
2. Wrote 25 thank you notes in one sitting! Now that makes me feel good. (Add about 75 more on to that! ...and I still have about 40 more)
3. Hosted the in-laws over for homemade burgers
4. Re-organized all the gifts that still need a home somewhere in our house (they haven't found their home yet...still sitting)
5. Started the cleaning process of all cabinets (3 cabinets and 7 drawers still un-lined)
6. Cooked various meals and learned a lot for "next time"
7. Developed a love/hate relationship for cleaning after cooking...and well continuous "picking up" too
8. Remembered why I despise the DPS (Can you beat 2 hours and 45 minutes?)
9. Started the name changing process. Dude.
10. Attended our first wedding as a married couple, in Austin, the city we love
11. Been awoken by a rooster
12. Came down with a cold
13. Realized I have a problem with starting things and not finishing them as I'm re-reading my list
14. Poked my husband since we stopped our Facebook poking war when we got married.
15. Ran 1/2 a mile. Once.
16. Filled 2 rooms with piles of clothes that need to find a home. One bad thing about ancient houses is their closets. Imagine freshman year dorm room closets. With sliding doors. Ugh. I don't care if we move into a shanty eventually...it just needs to have nice closets.
17. Saw Toy Story 3 and Inception both in the same day and both I would highly recommend
18. Managed to figure out how to get dressed in our tiny, one sink, bathroom at the same time as my husband. It involved me getting my own vertical drawer unit for all of my...stuff.
19. Inherited a basil plant from my grandma
20. Became the best roommate Tommy could ever have asked for
I love being married. I hear it gets even better. I can't wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
1 comments :
I'm so very excited for you guys! I love you and want to hang out :)
Post a Comment