Friday, November 12, 2010

kabob

Well hello there blog world!  ¿Cómo estás?  Ok Ok...I know I've been slacking, but I just can't help in love with my new married life I am.  Married life means meeting at the grocery store after work to shop together, grilling yummy kabobs, working on our "story" together for our magazine spread (read the next paragraph!!)and deciding that the week of Christmas we are going to take a mini-vacation to NEW YORK CITY!  (BTW - When I went to go edit this post, I realized I have THREE posts I've written over the last few months still in draft form...meaning I've started and never finished them.  What's wrong with me?)

So about our magazine spread.  We were asked by Houston Brides Magazine to be featured in their December issue!  HOW EXCITING!  They saw some of our photographers pictures and just fell in love!  Eek!  This is so exciting to us!  No worries, I'm sure we'll buy 50 copies, so if you live outside the Houston area and want one, we'll mail it.  I'm not quite sure to what extent or how big the spread will be, but even just to be considered is wonderful.  I don't care if they don't include anything but the pictures...it still means so much. 

As far as New York City goes, Tommy has quite a few vacation days he cannot carry over, so he suggested we take a winter trip to NYC.  I've always wanted to go to New York in the winter time!  Winter time means we get to see the Radio City Rockettes winter showcase, The Nutcracker with the New York City Ballet, the Rockefeller Christmas Tree & Ice Skating, as well as all the windown displays at the major department stores...which means SHOPPING!  :)  The only sad part about this trip is that my BFF since the 2nd grade, Kelley Ellis, who lives just a short train ride away in Connecticut, will be in Texas.  Rats!  Big time!  The good thing is we'll both be in our friend Laura's wedding the weekend before, so we WILL get to spend time together. 

Welp, that's it for now.  Off to take a roadtrip to Austin with the Hubs.  Let's hope our Longhorns can pull off a "W" this weekend.

(As for the title...I just love the word Kabob and how it sounds...and this past Monday, we finally grilled some.  Yummm)

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

happy to get a blog update...extremely majorly bummed about the NYC trip timing. but still...much love to you both!

Post a Comment