Monday, February 14, 2011

What I love most about my Valentine...

So one of Tommy's friends from Ohio, Megan, has a blog (Our Something New) that he reads regularly.  Might I add that on occasion I have also read her blog and have noticed her talent for writing on an assortment of topics that I too enjoy reading.

Her latest blog asked, "So what is your favorite thing about your Valentine..."  Well I can tell you lots of things Tommy would say about me:  the innumerable amount of bobby pins he finds laying around the house, my ability to get deathly afraid of the dark in 2.5 seconds, my ability to cook yummy meals and do the laundry all with a smile...

But I can say for certain that my ABSOLUTE favorite thing about HIM occurs every morning at approximately 5:40a.m.  I have an indescribable love of him pulling me (yes I said pulling me...) feet first out of the bed every morning.  "It's time to get up," he'll say with the sweetest voice possible that early in the morning.  As I groan and turn over, out shoots a leg on the other side of the king size bed.  By this time I've sprawled out because I have had the bed to myself for a whopping 40 minutes while he was in the shower and getting dressed.  Like I said, out shoots a leg.  He grabs it and starts to pull...out shoots the other leg because being pulled by one ankle that early in the morning somehow hurts me.  ...and here I am being dragged out of bed like a 5 year old, arms flailed up above my head, feet being dragged out...by my husband.

Now to most, this might seem abnormal, strange or just plain weird, but I think it's weird you DON'T want to be dragged out of bed every morning by the one you love most.  It is something I look forward to each morning because followed by our morning routine of being dragged out of bed I am walked to the bathroom and given a huge, loving hug while my arms are tucked in close, a kiss on the head, and a stern, "OK, it's time for the shower now."  As my dad would say, I start to get greedy with hugs...but who wants to get in the shower when the house is freezing and you can still hear the bed calling your name?

I guess the thing I love most doesn't have anything to do about how amazing our actual Valentines Day (actually weekend!!) was, but hopefully Tommy will cover that.

So I leave you with a picture of my Valentine arranging my Valentine flower bouquet.  I think it's neat how he buys the flowers and then arranges them himself.  ...makes it that much more special.





2 comments :

Kelley Ellis said...

You guys make me happy :) Thank you both for sharing!

Meg said...

I love this! So glad you guys had such a fun Valentine's Day! Thanks for the shout-out...I love reading your blog!

Post a Comment