Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Break: Edition #1

So I woke up this morning promptly at 6:30am.  My husband did not have to pull me out of bed today.  Isn't it weird how when we have to go to work we cannot muster up the ability to get our own little hineys out of bed, but you have a week of for vacation and it's a breeze to get up at the crack of dawn?  Well that's what I did.  I got up, made his coffee and lunch, gave him a huge smooch, and sent him off to work.  I then turned right back around and marched myself back to the king sized bed that was so loudly calling my name.  ...and I slept...for 2 more hours.  Now if I could do this every day, God would have made a mini heaven on earth.  Anyways, Gus (the dog we are dog-sitting) and I got up around 10:00am, put the pot roast on to cook so we can have Irish Pasties (pronouned pass-tees) sometime this week and I'm headed to Hobby Lobby.  I will return...

So this is all that came of my goal to post what I did over spring break.  ...all the arts and crafts I was going to do...the desserts I was going to make...and the food I was going to cook...

I admit, sleeping and lounging must have got the best of me because I never returned to the blog world.  (and I'm not ashamed)  I needed a break.  I needed my lounge time.  So, maybe this summer will be filled with blogs of things I do, create and bake.  ...so for now, I'm sorry I did not live up to the expectation of all of you avid followers (I feel like I should insert a wink here because besides people who comment, I have no idea who really reads this blog).

I leave you with pictures from spring break. (#3 best reason to be a teacher...#1 and #2 are summer & Christmas break)

Tommy & Gus (the dog we dog sat) sleeping

The pastie...I promise we ate other things with it too...

Our new puppy was born!  One of those will be ours!  :::cross fingers:::
My cousin Kathryn turned 21! --so I made her a card. 
We went to the rodeo with the rents!

0 comments :

Post a Comment