I have been searching for the perfect shoes for the past few months, really ever since I bought my dress back in October. Now one might say, oh it doesnt't matter what they look like, you don't see them anyway, but I believe the contrary. There is something about wearing a cute (and rather tall heel) that makes me feel confident, sassy, and cute whether they are seen or not. ...and on my wedding that's exactly how I want to feel.
After browsing "typical" wedding shoes I came across some designer shoes that seemed more of my style. When you are a size 5 1/2, stores only carry about 2 pairs in that size. No normal person has feet that small, so of course when I went to purchase the shoe, my size was unavailable. It didn't exist on 8 other websites selling that same shoe. So I emailed to see WHEN they would get more in. Their response: May. Well May is too late to get my dress altered so I figured it was meant to be and I needed to move on. I didn't get upset that the PERFECT shoe wasn't available to make my wedding day even more perfect. I just let it go and realized that God was in control...even over my choice of shoes.
After Pilates the other day I opened up the computer to browse the world wide web for wedding "things." How did people plan weddings without theknot.com? I mean really. What a lifesaver. Amongst my browsing I decided to search The Bachelor spoilers. No worries, I wont' give away what I read, but I figured I might as well just see who he picks since I won't watch the whole season. So anyways, back to the shoes... there on the left hand side of my browser was an advertisement for THE shoe. The white satin Badgley Mischka peep toe pump with jewel embellishments. A site I had yet to see if they had my size. So I clicked...and I clicked...and there displaying a 5 1/2 almost like a Las Vegas Marquee sign were the words...SIZE AVAILABLE! Hallelujah was singing in my ears. So...I ordered them. Right then and there. After the page re-loaded that 5 1/2 sign that seemed to flash with blinking lights was now blacked out. I had purchased the LAST pair. ...and I'm pretty sure it was the last of the size made on this Earth. What a gift from God.
When you realize that God loves shoes it makes you smile! But when you realize that God allowed for only ONE 5 1/2 to be left just for you was even more amazing. That all said, who knows if it will fit. According to the size chart I was really a size 5 but that seemed just too small. (They were out of that size by the way) So you know, they might come in and we might end up back at square one, but just knowing that God likes to partake in the little things in your life, like choosing wedding shoes, should make you feel so blessed and loved.
I guess I might have to be ok with the average wedding shoe in the end, but the journey and excitement was all worth it!
Since you probably won't see my shoes on my wedding day except for the garter toss, here you go. Now everyone can see them. I won't mind if you ask to seem them on my wedding day.

0 comments :
Post a Comment