Sunday, April 11, 2010

What a full weekend!

Looking back on this weekend, I feel like I got stuck in some kind of time warp. Somehow since filling up with gas on thursday night, I:

Drove 345 miles
Watched a movie
Drove to Brenham to see Bluebonnets and Blue Bell Ice Cream
Registered for more wedding gifts
Got a picture framed
Decided on/got fitted for a tuxedo
Watched another movie
Wished my beautiful bride a happy 24th birthday with strawberry angel food cake (no I didn't make it)
Went to church
Went to lunch with new friends
Bought wedding bands
Went to a movie with another friend
Came home and unpacked/cleaned my house
Sat outside smoking a cigar and read for an hour
Wrote a blog about it all

This amount of accomplishment in one weekend does not seem possible to me. Yet, somehow I am sitting here with time to spare on Sunday evening before I plan on getting a wonderful night sleep. Angela and I truly had a wonderful weekend. The trip to Brenham was a great way to spend Angela's 24th birthday. We have driven by the Blubonnets before, but we have never actually stopped and explored. Now we have the token Texas Bluebonnet family picture (Click on it to enlarge!!):



At my (and by my I mean Angela's gparents' old house) there is a screened-in porch off the back of the garage. Until now, this asset was previously untapped for its awesomeness. As it begins to be consistently warmer, I imagine I'll spend a lot more of my time out here. There is nothing like sitting outside with a good book to unwind. For some reason, sitting outside with a book is about 10 times more relaxing than sitting inside with a book. When I figure that one out, I'll let you know. I really can't wait until Angela moves down here with me in 83 days. Being outside with no distractions is one of the best places to talk, and it helps so much more when the bird-sized mosquitos are stopped by the porch screens! Anyways, we hope everyone is doing well. We love y'all so much!!

1 comments :

Angela said...

Thank you for the best birthday present ever! :) I know this isn't as cool as when others comment, but it had to be said that I have the best future husband ever.

Post a Comment