On Monday, I starting working out. Three months and counting until the wedding ya know. I decided it was time and that I was going to stick to my plan. Over the years I have become less OCD, less ADD, and less organized with my time. This has its pros and its cons. One thing I wish I had not stopped was my "time schedule." Let me give you an example:
230-330 Plan lesson for the next day
330-350 Drive home
350-415 Change/Eat dinner
415-445 Tan
445-645 Exercise
645-700 Rinse
700-800 Grade Papers/Clean Room/Laundry
800-900 Read the Bible/Other Reads
This obviously varies day to day, because I am not going to work out and tan everrrryyy day; however, you get my point. It is not a binding time schedule, I might do things out of order; for example, today I waited for my cousin to go tan with me and cleaned my room, ate, and did laundry earlier in the afternoon. It just allows me to keep to a schedule.
Now you might be asking yourself, "Why don't you just make a bulleted list in an agenda book, or keep a to-do list on your phone?" (Or maybe you were thinking WOAH, what a crazy lady...does Tommy know what he's getting himself into??) I did do all of those things...and they have failed me, or I guess you could say I have failed them. So, not only do I have a bulleted list and a to-do list on my phone, they are also accompanied by my yellow sticky note friends...the time schedule.
Just to give you the full visual I have inserted a picture below. You will notice that things from Monday still have not been completed, but that is ok. I cleaned my room today and that was on yesterday's list. (I just had to put "No limpies" on my door for the maids this morning since it did not get done in time!)
So back to the real reason why I started blogging. Working out. I was motivated earlier in the semester to sign up for a membership, but day after day my laziness overpowered me, papers to grade swamped me and other wedding "to-do's" were more important. On Saturday it was exactly three months until we say "I Do," so I decided to become a little more motivated. I know I am going to need more energy as the day gets closer (exercise = more energy) and I'll be darned if I don't look good on my honeymoon. So what was I to do? I didn't want to sign up for a membership 3 months before I would have to cancel. Drum roll please...
EXERCISE TV is the answer. If you have AT&T U-Verse it is definitely onDemand and has TONS of different work out sessions: abs, cardio, yoga, pilates, the works and within those categories are a ton more videos. You'll never get bored with just one video. I settled with a 12 minute ab work out, a 25 minutes cardio and a 10 minute butt work out. I was skeptical at first if it really worked. I mean I sweat and all, but really? Boyyyy was I sore the next day. I guess it was like my own fitness class in the comfort of my own home.
Today was day 2 of my workout. I pushed past the pain and got through it. Ask me in a few weeks if I'm still keeping up with my plan and that'll really tell you if my life change back to time organization has really worked.
For more inspiration check out my friend Jessica's most recent blog about her changes for a healthier life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)

1 comments :
Thank for the shout out bestie :)
Exercise TV is AWESOME -- we do not get U-Verse in the barn - it quite tragic :)
But I love you and your blog and your time schedule ---- thank fully I have developed some OCD over the years thanks to friends like you, Kelley, and Ellen. Goodness knows I needed it!
Post a Comment