Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Morning #1 - the plumbing

I promise we'll go back and write about the honeymoon, but this was just too great to pass up the opportunity to write about.

Tommy and I landed around noonish yesterday from our wonderful honeymoon in Hawaii, headed home to our new home and decided our airplane filth bodies needed a quick shower before we set up shop in the living room to open presents (me) and catch up on the latest google reader/pay bills (yikes-Tommy!) I was such a great wife that I even put a load of laundry on to wash from our trip so we could have clean undies! Man I've started my domestic duties off to a great start! The plumbing at this point worked jussssttttt fine.

Our evening continued, we visited with my aunt and cousin who came over to decorate our house to welcome us home, we ate dinner. ::Ok, maybe I lacked on the wife-duties here...no home cooked meal, but I did go out and fetch us delicious Taco Bell while Tommy poured us some mexican beer to go with our mexican dinner haha:: and off to get ready for bed. Again, the plumbing worked jussssttttt fine.

Tommy's first day back to work is today. He got up around the usual 6:00am, hopped in the shower and about 15 minutes later I got up to use the bathroom. Now, if you don't know of our living situation, we are currently residing in my grandparents house they lived in for 50 years while they were alive. Needless to say it has one full bathroom that accommodated 9 people at one point and many more during Christmas visits...so any problem with the bathroom and we are out of luck! Anyways, I went to the bathroom, moseyed around in there talking to Tommy and started to realize that there was water all around the toilet. At first I thought it had leaked from the shower, but how would the bath mat not be soaked? I then realized that all the water from the toilet bowl had leaked out the bottom onto the floor. The toilet bowl was now empty.
Being the wife of an engineer I figured it was my duty to try and figure it out. I mean I have all the knowledge of an engineer now because I married one right? Oof. Bad idea. I flushed again. I of course told Tommy I was doing this because being in an older house, when you flush, the water pressure and temperature changes in the shower. I didn't want to scald the skin of my husband! This time the water kept rising in the bowl, the chain was stuck, so I quickly lifted off the tank lid and fixed it so it would not continue to fill up. Whew, see I do know a little about toilets. The water was going down a little...YEAH and leaking all over the floor again! So by this point we have TWO toilet bowls of water leaking all over the floor of our tiny little bathroom. But this was not the end.

"Angela!!! What did you do?? The shower is filling up with dirty water now!!!" Oh no. The commode is not the only thing "clogged" now...now, the shower is filling up with water while Tommy is still in the shower...he hasn't even washed his body yet! He didn't stay in there long.

So, here I am, my first day as a wife in my new home and I get to try to figure out the plumbing situation and my poor husband had to go to work half clean. I guess it's time to call the landlord (my father) to help fix the problem.

0 comments :

Post a Comment