Wednesday, July 7, 2010

We’re Married! – Pre-Ceremony

So, it has been a long time since I’ve written anything on here. The last month has been understandably crazy between finalizing the wedding details and completing projects at work before honeymooning. On that note, WE’RE MARRIED! We did it. The day finally came and it was amazing. I will write a few posts about the wedding so there isn’t one that drags on forever. But, since I’m writing on the plane to Hawaii, they’ll most likely show up at the same time when we eventually get to the hotel! Anyways, here is my breakdown of the time leading up to the ceremony:

In general, this time can be described by imagining what your stomach would feel like if you ate an entire turkey leg and then rode a bunch of roller coasters at the state fair (coincidentally, I have done this and know exactly what it feels like). The only time I have ever felt this sick with anxiety was when buying Angela’s engagement ring. It only seems fitting that the day of which the ring represents should be even more nerve racking.

The days leading up to the wedding, my groomsmen did a wonderful job of keeping me distracted. For future grooms, that would probably be my number one point of advice for the few pre-wedding days. Get all of your stuff done a week in advance if possible so that you don’t have anything to do leading up to the wedding. This way you can let yourself be distracted, which is the only way to take away the anxiety in my experience. I think it was about 45 minutes before my wedding when I told my groomsmen that I thought I was going to throw up in about 2 minutes. We fought back with some chicken fingers and water and that helped. Once we kicked the sickness, we played some pool and got ready for the biggest event of my life by praying as a group. I can’t even put in words what it meant to me to have my groomsmen (and Michael McKissack!) there supporting me in prayer before the wedding. It was the most calming thing that happened the whole day.

0 comments :

Post a Comment