Wednesday, July 7, 2010

We’re Married! – The Reception

Classy, delicious, fun, and American are words I would use to describe our reception. We started with a wonderful dance to “The More I See You” by Michael Buble. This song means a lot to Angela and I because when we were first dating we would drive around Austin singing Michael Buble to each other, and this was one of our favorites! After the dancing, we had dinner. Angela and I had steaks, which were delicious, and from what I’ve heard, the dinner for everyone else was great as well! One of the best parts of the evening was the “after-dinner surprise,” a fireworks show! We got everyone outside and we watched a fireworks display to celebrate our marriage and America’s birthday; I smell an anniversary tradition! After the fireworks, we came back in and did the standard cake cutting, toasting, bouquet and garter tosses. Those were all great. I loved my brother’s best man speech; it could not have been more perfect for Angela and me. Somehow he always has the perfect blend of humor and seriousness, and I am so thankful that he was there to support us on our big day!

The rest of the reception was a blur. We tried our best to balance talking to people and dancing/enjoying each other, and I think we did a pretty good job. It is really hard to go around and personally thank 300 people for coming, and I’m sure we didn’t really come close to everyone, but it was important to us that we tried. So if we didn’t make it around to you, thank you!!

We had such a great time the whole night. Looking back, it is amazing how smoothly everything went. There weren’t even any hiccups that I was aware of, and Angela and I really enjoyed ourselves. When it was all over, we walked out through thousands of bubbles and drove off into married life together.

0 comments :

Post a Comment