Tuesday, April 27, 2010

To-Do's, Invites & Best Friends.

Warning: When I first started typing this blog I thought it would just be a short little thang...its long. Be aware. But it's great.

To-Do's
We are finally on the downhill slope of wedding planning. I can officially say there are more things checked off than left to-do according to theknot.com. (There are still 93 things left, and I'm sure that's not counting everything) Anyways, this makes me smile. If you've ever planned a wedding, helped plan a wedding, or even planned an event, you know how much work it is, especially because you want to do everything possible to make it a smoothe evening. (even if it doesn't go exactly how you planned)

Invites
This past weekend my mom and I set up shop in the FedEx/Kinkos to make 1375 cuts to my invitations.

You know me, my traditional wedding invitation needed a little "pizzaz." Ok, maybe pizzaz isn't the right word. There is no bling on the invite, and it still looks pretty traditional, but I love it. I'm glad God has helped me get over the fact that I am not planning this wedding to please others, but to glorify him, and I think my invites do just that.

Don't expect a tri-fold, triple backed, hand caligraphed, invite from this scrabook-saavy girl. 275 invitations was just too much for me, especially when MOST (not all...I know Ms. Ali K keeps them) of the invites eventually get tossed anyway.

Best Friends
A few weeks ago a few of the wonderful girls in my wedding party, Kathryn, Kelley and Jessica, threw me a wonderful Lingerie Shower. Everything from the invitations, to the decorations, to the place we ate (The Grove...yumm!) and hotel we hung out at was just so perfectly thought out and planned. If it's anything like wedding planning, I know how much hard work was put into it. I just could not have blogged without letting the blog world know how appreciative I am.

It was a small group of awesome girls...at about 7 total, but it was so much fun! My high school friend Megan came which was such a nice surprise! I had not seen her in a few YEARS! Way too long. It really made me appreciate God's gift of friendship. I could easily have found myself in her situation saying, I haven't talked to Angela in ages, why would I go. What a lesson of getting past the pride to remember the wonderful memories as friends we had. It just made my heart smile.

My college sorority sisters Megan and Ali came also! Megan drove in from Austin and Ali had just gotten back from a trip to Atlanta that morning. It was more than the cute presents I received and yummy dinner we had...I felt so loved to know that they would come celebrate a fun time with me even when they hadn't been in the same city earlier that morning. (But the presents were WAY WAY cute too...)

Eileen (Tommy's sister) and my bridesmaid Julie had gifts sent to Kathryn's house for her to bring to the shower. They could not attend (Eileen is in Ohio at school and Julie is a crazy, busy accountant!), but to still send something was so very thoughtful! Julie even mailed Kathryn tissue paper and a gift bag to have it wrapped in! How organized!!!

I think the highlight of the night was the chocolate fountain. Kelley brought her chocolate fountain for us to have some yummy late night snacks after dinner. When we got back to the hotel, the poor chocolate machine was struggling. You could tell he was working hard but still no overflow of chocolate. Conversation continued for an hour and presents started to be unwrapped and all of a sudden...spewwwwww the chocolate started to flow! It was magical. It was so magical we took pictures! Note to self: When using a chocolate fountain, turn on at least 5 hours ahead of time!

I'd like to end with a prayer of thanks if that's is ok with you.

My Awesome, Heavenly Father,
Thank you so much for great friends. Thank you for their kind hearts, warm spirits, and keeping me accountable. I am so greatful for them. Thank you for fun moments like the chocolate fountain, for great conversation about life and for allowing me to remember the true purpose of a wedding. I pray that our wedding is a true resemblance of how gracious and MIGHTY you are.
In your son's precious name,
Amen.

1 comments :

Mr. Hill said...

Angela --- you are truly wonderful, and I bet your invitations are a work of art! Your lingerie shower was one the best I have ever been too --- a lot of that is because all of your friends (some of whom I got to meet for the very first time) are absolutely incredibly wonderful! I love your blog!
Jess

Post a Comment