Sunday, July 5, 2009

FW: Bloggers Needed!

We have been alerted to the fact that we are big fat lazy bums! Here
is an update over our last few days:

We landed fine in Bermuda, and unfortunately lost Eileen's bag and my
mom's golf clubs. But then I spotted eileen's bag across the baggage
claim all by itself, and THEN Angela spotted my mom's golf bag behind
some others in a different spot (the Bermuda airport is not the most
organized airport I've been too). But nonetheless, we got all the
bags! We went from there to the house we're renting. It is one of the
oldest houses on the island, with parts of it more than 200 years old!
We stayed in that night for some rest. Yesterday we went to the beach
for a little while, then came back to our house for a 4th of July BBQ!
We watched the fireworks across the street then got another good night
sleep. We started off this morning watching the grueling four and a
half hour match between Roddick and Federer for the Wimbledon
championship. The 5th and last set was won (unfortunately) by federer
16-14, with a total of 77 games in the match! After that we watched
the end of my cousin's tennis match, and went out on a friends boat
for the afternoon. No offense if you are a high schooler reading this,
but it was definitely weird for us to hang out with a bunch of 17 and
18 year old kids out on the boats (we had a bunch of boats all tied
together). After that we came home, the boys worked out then we had
dinner and have spent the night relaxing in the living room.

This evening, Angela received news of many other engagements of people
she knows. We both had feelings of sadness that our good news is
already passing by, but it has taught us a good lesson. Though the
world is always looking for the next exciting thing, there is no
reason for us to end our excitement about one of the greatest things
that has ever happened to us. We have had such a fantastic, priceless
experience these past few weeks, and this trip is something that we
will carry with us for the rest of our lives! The bottom line is, I
don't need someone to tell me congratulations for me to be exploding
with joy that Angela will commit her life to me, and accept my
commitment to her. I am truly blessed to have her in my life at all,
and I can't even explain how that joy has overflowed into other parts
of my life. In the end, it is her and I, and though it is great to
hear that people support us and are happy for us, the most important
thing is that we focus on our relationship and what we mean to each
other. I'll stop rambling now, I hope this sustains our loyal
following until we write next!

With love!

Tommy
7/6/09 12:30am Bermuda

0 comments :

Post a Comment