Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Girl Version of Engaged

Eeek! I am ENGAGED! ...and can I also say unexpected! Perfect,
amazing, and exciting! Forever will I cherish and remember this day.
Ok, so I'll just cut to the chase and give you the story since I'm
sure you are wanting to know!

We arrived in Barcelona this morning around 945 (245am Houston time)
Took a three hour nap and then headed out to explore the city and help
our jet lag. By about 10pm we were all just pooped. We had walked
about 8 miles today and our dogs were tired. Eileen and Mama Mattix
headed to bed once we got back to the hotel shortly followed by Rick.
Tommy and I explored some more of the hotel grounds, discovered the
pool and saw some really neat hamocks in a park to lounge on, so
that's what we did. We stared up into the dark sky at the tall, lit
palm trees talking about the day, how excited we were about our trip
and how amazing it was to get this opportunity to spend with each
other. Tommy always knows the perfect things to say and after a long
day, hearing how much he loved me and how excited he was to spend the
rest of our lives together was just what I needed to hear. Little did
I know this whole schpeal was going to be followed by, "Angela
Michelle, will you marry me?" what?? Was he serious? I had a logical
reason to think that since he liked to tease me and pull a Jim from
the office, Angela Michelle, will you wait while I tie my shoe? I
looked down and there was a gorgeous ring, shining right back at me!
I'm pretty sure I asked Are you serious?? about 10 times but Tommy
just looked right back at me, asked me again and I said with no doubt
in my mind or heart, "of course I will!!!" We talked for a while
after, even jumped on the bed in Tommy's room! Yes, we jumped on the bed with
excitement! So, eeek!

I am so excited about this next year that God has planned for us and
to spend the rest of my life with the man God knew I was going to
marry long before I was created.

I love you all! Sorry you have to wait 3 weeks to see me! :)

Angela (the future Mrs. Mattix)
07/03/10

1 comments :

M Rob said...

Ang & Tommy...Congratulations! The fun really starts now.

Uncle Mike

Post a Comment