American outlets and no free Internet equals less blogs. Fortunately,
if we sit in one random corner in my room we do get a random free
Internet! My phone died overnight but my dad let me borrow his charger
so here we are! Yesterday we went to a great part of Valencia where
the aquarium and science center are. The architecture was fantastic!
In Spain, they truly care a lot about how their buildings look. The
dolphin show at the aquarium was the best I have ever seen, and I grew
up next to sea world! If you go to Valencia, I recommend spending a
day in that area. You wouldn't think you'd want to spend a day looking
at things you could see at home, but it is worth it. They played music
before the dolphin show as well, and the whole crowd was singing and
dancing it was great!
On to last night! We had a not so pleasant experience at dinner. The waitress walked by and ignored us, even gave us rude faces instead of
taking our dinner order. After about 30 minutes dad talked to the
manager and he came and took our order. We ended up getting all the
food comped though! THEN, in one of the greatest upsets in futbol
history, USA knocked off Spain 2-0 in the semifinal of the
confederations cup! We watched it in the hotel room, I didn't really
want us to get beat while spaniards mocked us in a pub, oh me of
little faith!
Today we are hopping on a train to Madrid, and we finally get to meet
up with my brother! He is traveling with a female classmate from his
trip, and we got a friendly update from him that he and this girl
Betty are "seeing each other". My sister was so mad. She had to spend
the whole trip so far with Angela and I being engaged and she was
looking forward to being with my brother. Now "she is going from being
the third wheel to being the fifth wheel". I think it won't be as bad
as she thinks, but she does have a tendency to make herself grumpy if
she feels like.
Sorry for the long post, this is the end though because my huevos are
getting cold!
Tommy
6/25/09 10:00am Valencia
0 comments :
Post a Comment