Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sleepless

Here I lay at 3:15 in the morning, unable to sleep. My mom warned me
about waking up at 3:30, that it happens often on the first night in
Europe. I, of course, chose to believe that I would be immune to this
problem and would sleep right through the night. Although the siesta
is a very unique part of Spanish culture, I believe that my three hour
siesta after getting here was a mistake. Now I am not tired enough to
sleep through the night because to my body it is only 8:15pm. Did I
mention that I'm STARVING? I have a feeling that it will take a few
days before spain's crazy sleeping and eating schedule works out for
me, while I'm waiting for that I guess I'll just have to be hungry and
tired and grumpy. It is weird that it's 3:15 and it definitely sounds
like the parties are still going strong outside. Crazy spaniards. I
also am wondering if anyone in the world knows that we're engaged yet,
we told Angela's parents which was cool (Scott I'll get that
application completed for you sometime). And we also told a very
shocked cousin of Angela's, but other than that who knows. I guess in
the morning I'll wake up and see how fast news actually travels.

Hope y'all are enjoying dinnertime, I wish I could enjoy it with you!

Tommy
6/21/09 3:23am Barcelona

0 comments :

Post a Comment